We have all been directly affected or know families and businesses that suffered terrible losses from Hurricane Sandy and Nemo. Stories on the news showed houses and buildings flooded and damaged by trees that fell through their roof and cars destroyed by saltwater. These sad stories were sometimes followed up by the news that not all of the losses suffered were covered by insurance.
Being insured properly is one of the keys to protecting your home, automobiles, business and most importantly your family. There is so much advertising on TV, in print and on the web from insurance companies that have cave men and little creatures talking about reduced premiums, but at what cost? If you suffer a loss and do not have the proper insurance policy, you may very well end up losing out financially.
It is also important to remember that your insurance needs can change from year to year. You should talk with your insurance agent before the renewal of your policies to determine if changes should be made. Some questions to be asked would be:
– Has your business grown and/or have you purchased new equipment?
– Have you gotten married or started a family? If so, you may want to purchase life insurance.
– Have you made any home improvements that have added to the value of your house?
– Is there a new driver in your family?
– Do you have any older vehicles that can now be insured for less?
– Do you have the correct liability coverage for both your home and your business?
At Berkely Brokerage Corp. we will work with you to answer all the important questions about the changes that have occurred in your life and business so that you are not caught off guard should a loss occur. If you spend some time with us reviewing the changes in your life and business, we can see to it that your policies are not just automatically renewed if they do not meet your current needs.
Give us a call – it will be time well spent.