Long Island, New York is a beautiful place to live. We are surrounded by water with the Long Island Sound to the north and the Atlantic Ocean to the south. Our ocean beaches have been judged to be some of the finest in the world. Once the weather turns warm, boating is one of the biggest summer activities on Long Island. Be it sailing the waters of the sound or deep sea fishing off of Montauk, it is truly a wonderful place to live.
Yet, as any boat owner will tell you, with the fun comes a lot of hard work. Boats require a lot of care and maintenance. Part of that care is finding the right policy to insure your boat against loss and damages. At Berkely Brokerage Corp., we can help you to find the right insurance to suit your boating needs.
Before insuring your boat, it is important to know the following facts:
- Your automobile policy does not provide coverage for liability or damages to your boat.
- Homeowners policies may cover only smaller boats that are low-powered.
- You can purchase additional protection against uninsured boaters, fishing equipment and personal property.
- It is wise to also purchase a personal umbrella policy when you insure your boat, especially if you own a speedboat.
- The type of the boat, the size of the boat and the waters you use it in are important in determining how much insurance coverage you should have.
At Berkely Brokerage Corp. we will help you find the best boat insurance policy to suit your individual needs and circumstances. We will also review your policy each year as it renews, to see if any changes need to be made to properly protect your investment. Finally, should you experience a loss, we will be there to help you file your claim and get it settled as quickly as possible.