Running a New York restaurant or a pub is very different from running a retail store or an office based business. Your insurance needs are also different. It is important to be properly insured to protect your restaurant from any number of problems ranging from broken equipment to food contamination to liability lawsuits. Berkely Brokerage Corp. can help you determine what type of coverage you need to help protect the business you have worked so hard to build and maintain. We have many years of experience working with the restaurant industry.
At Berkely Brokerage Corp., we will take the time to get to know you and your business. Once we have determined the types of insurance that are necessary to protect your restaurant, we will shop around to get you the best policy at a competitive price. If you experience a loss, we will work with you to get your claim filed and settled as quickly as possible.
Some of the common types of restaurant insurance are:
- Property Insurance: To protect your property in case of fire or other events, although it may not cover natural disasters like floods or earthquakes.
- Loss of Business Insurance: To protect against loss of sales due to events such as natural disasters.
- General Liability Insurance: To protect you against lawsuits from things such as slips and falls or illness due to food contamination.
- Liquor Liability: This is required by many states and will help protect you if a customer who has had too much to drink hurts himself or someone else.
- Commercial Auto Insurance: To cover any company-owned cars, vans or trucks.
- Workers Compensation and Disability Insurance: To protect your employees if they get hurt on the job.
- Group Health Insurance